Monday, October 17, 2011

Flu Shot

I received my first flu shot of my life last Wednesday. We have been learning about vaccinations in my drugs in society class and we spent a whole class period learning about the flu shot. They were giving out free flu shots in the College of Pharmacy so I figured I would give it a whirl.

The day after, I got it at night, I felt mildly achy and my head hurt for most of the day. I remember feeling upset about getting the shot because it seemed like the beginning of a sickness. Well Friday morning I got up and felt fine and back to normal. I was really happy and believe it was worth it to get the shot. I think my body had an immune response and that it should help protect me from the flu, which will also protect my family, as I am away from the home a lot more then they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment