Friday, June 29, 2012

Charlotte Fire Pocatello Idaho

To help the victims, donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund which is helping in the area.

I worked at the hospital yesterday, starting about 2 pm. I am on the 5th floor doing some medical chart audits around 3:30 - 4:00 when some nurses tell me that there is a fire raging South of Town. Sure enough, I can see the flames from the top floor window right in the Mink Creek area. Super dry, 90+ weather and wild wind. NOT fun conditions to fight fire. (Logan and I drove up threw there Monday to hike up to the top of Scout Mountain.) They evacuated the surrounding area. 66 homes have been burned down and I am sure there will be a lot of restoration work done to others. Luckily no one was killed during the fire. As of this morning the NICC website states that there are 450 burned acres and an estimated cost of 150K. It also states that 0% contained but as the day has gone on the fire has not burned anymore and has been contained. I will post more from tomorrows NICC report.


Thanks to the Idaho State Journal for these two pictures
I got this picture from Adam Velasquez' facebook account. This is what is left of his parents house. 

This is a picture from Colin Carr's cell from Idaho State University I believe.

I think I will have to drive through the area after they reopen it and get some pictures of the devastation.  Alexis and I wish the best for all the families losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment