Monday, July 30, 2012

Gender Prediction Shenanigans

Lots of people have asked me what I think I am having. I had a dream about having a baby girl before I got pregnant with Vella and I also had a dream about having a boy before I got pregnant with Mattix. I didn't have a dream before this one, but my sister did. It was pretty funny...she called me a couple of weeks before I found out I was pregnant and told me she had a dream my daughter was just starting to talk. I was like oh that's funny, what was Vella like in your dream? She told me it wasn't Vella, but another one of my children and a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant!!
Old Wives Tales about Gender Prediction


If the heartbeat is over 140 then it’s a girl, if it’s under 140 it’s a boy.
The heartbeat has always been over 140. My last appointment it was 147 or something like that. Girl



If the baby’s dad is gaining weight with the mom, then it’s a girl.
Dad's not gaining weight with me. Boy



If the mother craves sweets, it’s a girl, if she craves sour things, it’s a boy. 
This pregnancy I have been craving super spicy Mexican food and California Rolls. I also craved lots of sweets in the beginning which is not like me, so I am going to say Girl




If you are severely sick you are having a boy...but also if you are sick in the morning it is a boy or sick at night it is a girl.
I was pretty sick in the 1st trimester. Still get nauseated and it's usually in the evenings. Since I was so sick in the beginning I'll say Boy


If you have acne then you are having a girl.
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! Like crazy. I broke out really badly when I was pregnant with V, but not so much with Mattix. I always break out on my back when I get pregnant and I have never had zits on my back before that, so it is really annoying and weird. Yes, I have acne like mad. Luckily Emily sent me Proactive for my birthday and that is helping. Girl


If the baby is carrying low- it’s a boy, high- it’s a girl.
 It's hard to say because I am not that far along. With Mattix most of the weight I gained went to the front of my tummy. With V I gained lots of weight and mega love handles. I have been putting on weight on my sides this pregnancy. I'd say Girl



When holding a pendant over your belly if it swings back and forth it is a boy, if it is more circular than it is a girl. Circle Girl




According to www.babygenderprediction.com and their "Old Wive's Tales Gender Prediction Method.....
 Girl


According to the Chinese Gender Chart.
Girl




What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. you craved lemons and tomatoes when you were preggo with V. Plus you always seem to be more sick at night now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always way sicker with my girls. I think everyone has their predictions. That was a fun post to read. Either way, you'll have a really cute baby. :)

    ReplyDelete