Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slacker!

So I am totally a slacker at blogging lately. It is sooo much easier to post pictures and updates to facebook, and that is what I am doing. I spoke to my friend, Audra, the other day and she doesn't have a facebook. It made me remember all of my family and friends who live in AZ, and don't have Facebook's. So I thought it is about time to give everyone an update while my kids are sleeping, even though I can be doing much more productive things (like showering, doing the dishes, or picking up V's lunch she threw on the floor haha).












Well, I can't believe it is already Novemeber!!! Vella is 17 months and so much fun! She is pretty tall for her age, so i think she will be like her daddy :) She is quite the climber like I was. She climbs up EVERYTHING. No exaggeration! She is a very active girl, too. Church is almost impossible these days. Vella just climbs up the pews and wants to run around and bark like a dog, haha. She went to nursery last Sunday and loved it. I went to check on her a few times and she loved the kitchen set in there. She also liked to go around pulling out the toys the nursery worker's were putting away. It was funny, especially because that is what she does at home. Her hair is growing and her mullet is coming back! I don't know why her hair back there grows so much faster than the rest of her hair. It's pretty funny. She is so sweet with Mattix. She will come up to him and rub his head and pat his tummy. She also gives him kisses, and it is the cutest. We are so blessed that Vella loves him so much! She loves to share also. Not just with him, but with anyone. She claimed one of the blanket's that was made for M before he was born. She takes it with her to bed, and sometimes carries it around. M had a blowout once and I pulled out that blanket to use and she laid on it, realized I was wrapping M up, and started helping me. V is such a great helper, a smart, sweet girl and a busy body. She is one of the busiest kids I have ever met!! She still doesn't like to be held much or for me to hug her and stuff, but on occasion she will come up and hug or kiss me. I just take it all in when I can get it! I love her so much. It has been so fun to watch her grow. Oh, and she is now in her toddler bed. It was such an easy transition! i got lucky.








Mattix is such a sweet baby. Oh I just want to snuggle him all the time! His reflux is slowly improving, which is great. His heart murmur is also gone! He has torticollis, and that is a new hump to get over. You can read about it here http://www.babycenter.com/0_torticollis_10912.bc?showAll=true




I knew something was wrong, and I told the dr when he first came home, but they said he would be fine. I was looking on the Internet and read about this on a few different sites and looked at videos of what the physical therapists do, and started doing the stretches with him. He has improved greatly since I started doing the stretched a few days ago. I took him to the doctor just in case there is anything more I can do, and he said I was doing what needed to be done. He weighs 14.5 lbs! He is a big squishy guy and I love it. A few days ago in church he giggled and giggled during Sunday School. It was awesome! I love to hear my kids laugh. It is really rewarding. I have recently been thinking about the experiences we have had with him so far. I didn't think of his hospital stay and what not much until now. When we were going through that I just knew that I needed to be strong for my family and myself, and so I tried to not think about the sadness I felt after his birth and during his hospital stay. It was really hard to just have had a baby and not be able to see him, touch or hold him. I knew that some things were not right because of him not crying well, and how the nurses rushed him out of the room after he was born. After I was finally able to see him I wasn't allowed to touch or hold him. It was the strangest thing to not have my baby with me when I was in the post-partum room in the hospital. Then thinking he would be home in a few days, and him not be was hard. It was so sad when he developed NEC. He just laid in the nicu crib and didn't move. He was so sick that he didn't move when they would draw his blood and give him xrays. That was one of the hardest things to see. I was only able to hold him for 15 mins a day while he was recovering, and I knew that was what was best for him, but sometimes all I wanted to do was hold him close to me. When we brought him home it was hard to feed him because he was so so sleepy. All he wanted to do was sleep. It often took me an hour to feed him because of how tired he was. I would get him undressed and put a wet washcloth on his back, and sometimes that didn't even work. He started getting better with that and then his reflux got worse. He would choke on it so bad sometimes he would turn blue, his eyes would roll in the back of his head, and finally he would take a breath. It seemed like such a long time before he would breath, and it was really scary. What an adventure we have gone through. He is doing a lot better now, and I am so grateful. He is a wonderful addition to our family! He really is such a sweet baby.








Greg is doing well. He is busy in school, work, and his new calling. He is gone Tuesdays 8-5 and then 6-10 pm, Wednesdays 830 am-8 pm, Thurdays 930 am-9 pm, and 8-5 on Monday and Tuesday. It is lonely without him sometimes, but I try to keep myself pretty busy. Not that I am not already with my kids lol. I love him so much. He is such a great provider, husband and daddy. I am truly blessed. He is amazing! It is the best thing to be married to my best friend!





It is starting to get cold here. Shoot me now!!! haha



V woke from her nap. I will post more pictures later

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog. So much love! Precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing it perfectly... not dwelling on the difficult and bad/just enjoying the good stuff. Hang in there!! It gets so much easier!

    ReplyDelete