Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How I told Greg the news...

My period has been a little irregular since I am breastfeeding. So when I didn't start I was like oh whatever I will within the next week or two, but I didn't. I had been feeling more tired, but I didn't think anything of it. My kids will usually take their nap at noon and during that time I will clean the house or watch T.V. or just have me time. Lately during their nap I will nap with them and at the time I was like what is wrong with me!? I decided to take a pregnancy test for the heck of it because I had a couple leftover from when I got pregnant with Mattix. I couldn't believe it when the test had a plus sign!! I thought for sure it had to be wrong so I went to the store the next day and bought two more, haha. I came home and they were all positive! How did I get pregnant on the pill? I don't know. I must be the one of the 1% it doesn't work for, because this is the second time this has happened! I was super consistent in taking it. The same time every day. Plus I am nursing, so I am supposed to have extra protection, ha! So much for that! I was pretty shocked when the test was positive. So I found out I was pregnant a couple of days before I told Greg. I wrapped the test up in a box with a newborn diaper. One day after dinner I told him I got a late Mother's day gift and asked if he wanted to see it. He did and he asked who it was from. I told him it was from my friend. He asked who and I didn't know what to say so I just said it was from my friend Donna. He opened it and was like, "She sent you a diaper??!". I told him to keep looking and he say the test. He said, " She sent you a pregnancy test? Huh? WAIT! You're pregnant?". I told him yes and he turned really pale and kept asking why Donna sent me a pregnancy test. I told him that she didn't and it was just a surprise and he was still confused and in shock for a while. Later that night he told me the pregnancy test was probably a false positive and we shouldn't have just had sex because I could've not been pregnant but I am for sure going to get pregnant now LOL. I was like..Greg, I took five tests and they were all positive and not all the same brand. I am definitely pregnant! We are more excited now ;) It is kinda crazy to think we will have three kids in 2.5 years. I love being a mom and I am sure it will be fine haha. My two arms are good for two kids, so it will be interesting with three kids. We will soon see!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, my wife was told that it would be hard for her to get pregnant and I was told that my abilities would be lessened due to a surgery in my teens, but seems the odds are ever in our favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited for you guys! That's so fun. If you ever want to try a different type of birth control, the IUD rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a vasectomy was the way to go, but knowing our luck we would still get pregnant. I think the IUD is one of the few we have not tried.

      Delete