Thursday, May 17, 2012

Updates!

I have got to use  different title than "Updates" every once in   while, haha. I guess I am not creative enough to come up with something better! Things have been pretty busy. Greg got a job at the hospital. He works crazy hours, but he seems to like it. the last few days he worked from 5 am to 5 pm. Good thing every day is not like that! I am trying to take advantage of him being home more, because when school starts up I will hardly see him . Only  few more years till pharmacy school is over! Time goes by so quickly. We can survive the hard times! :) Greg is such an amazing husband and father. I am so grateful for all he does. He is so much fun and caring. I am a lucky girl. He is my best friend and I am glad I get to spend forever with him! I am not sure I can say the same for him...I can be a pain in the butt!! ;) One of the coolest things about Greg is once he wants something he sets his mind to it and gets it. Whatever it may be. I really admire that about him. He could do anything he wanted because he is so determined. I love him!
 Mattix is doing well. He is so sweet. He has big cheeks and a guy at the store today commented on how fat his cheeks were. It was really funny. He pointed it out to all the people around him haha. He is a big boy! He is wearing some 18 month clothes already. He is doing better with eating solids. I went against the doctors advice and started feeding him rice cereal. I figured out what consistency he does best eating with and he hardly wheezed afterwards. I can't leave him for long though because he still can't drink from a bottle. The swallow study showed that he aspirated the worst with the bottle and I have tried to give it to him ( I know..I am a bad mom) in hopes of him doing well with it. Every time he chokes. One day I will be done with breastfeeding. One day... He is crawling around. He still does this funny army crawl. I love him. He is surprisingly quick! He loves to jump. He loves the bouncer and when I hold him so he is standing he will usually try to jump. He is quite the wiggle worm! He loves his sister. Vella does really well with him. Sometimes Mattix will crawl over her or get to close to her and she will get frustrated and tell him no. He laughs and laughs at her and continues to do whatever he was doing. He is a sweet boy!!
Vella is my sweet girl. She is growing so quickly, I can hardly believe it! Next month she will be 2. WOW! She is growing up so fast. It has been so fun to watch her grow. She is at a fun stage. She is a busy girl . She loves to take things apart and empty the drawers in he bathroom or her dresser drawers. It is sometimes exhausting! She likes to help, which makes things nice. She throws trash in the trash, and helps me make the beds, and stuff like that. She is pretty protective of her food, but lately she has been trying to share with Mattix. One day he will be able to eat the things she gives him. She loves books. She likes them so much she sleeps with them! When I put her to bed she asks for a book and when I get up in the morning there is usually about five on her bed. It is really neat. She is so tall. She is taller than most kids her age. She has her daddy's genes, thank goodness :) She can already reach the door handle and tries to go outside pretty often, so we have to remember to keep it locked. The other day she moved her diaper box in front of the door and unlocked it. She is too smart for her own good. She is so nice to Mattix. When she sees him she will run up to him and say, "Buddy, hi!" and rub his hair. It is cute, but not so much when he is napping haha. Quite a few times Vella will put toys on him when he is sleeping and he will wake up and want to play. I love my kids, but I like when they nap. So that sometimes is a bummer, but she is so sweet it makes it okay. Today at the park Vella saw a baby and was passing by him. She said, "Baby" and rubbed his head. She is so good hearted. I am so glad she is that way. It makes me feel like I am doing something right. We have been having play dates with My friend Ashlie and her daughter Mackenzie. I love those girls! Kenzie is about a year older than Vella. They get along so well! After our play date today Vella cried because she still wanted to play, which isn't like her. It is so fun to watch them play together.
Tomorrow is our family photo shoot so I better get to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment